Our international vision
Cégep Garneau is a public academic institution located in Quebec City. It welcomes about 6,000 students planning on university studies after a two-year study program or preparing for a place in the labour market after a three-year terminal study program.
Located in the heart of the capital of the Province of Quebec, the College is renowned for the quality of its professional training and for its rich academic tradition. The college campus stretches over several acres, encompassing various pavilions where a rich and fulfilling college life awaits the students on a human scale and where the different programs are offered. Abundant green spaces make for a very pleasant work-study environment. The academic year begins in mid-August and ends in mid-May. It is divided into two 16-week semesters (including an exam week), with a mid-session Reading Week in each.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS :
A Network of 48 Public Post-Secondary
Our study programs
Two-year study programs
- Sciences de la nature
- Sciences humaines
- Arts, lettres et communication
- Baccalauréat International
One-semester study programs
- Tremplin DEC – Sur mesure
- Tremplin DEC – Premières Nations : La Traversée
Three-year terminal study programs
- Techniques d’hygiène dentaire
- Techniques de physiothérapie
- Optique et lunetterie
- Soins infirmiers
- Techniques policières
- Techniques d’intervention en criminologie
- Techniques juridiques
- Techniques de la documentation
- Gestion des opérations et de la chaîne logistique
- Techniques de comptabilité et de gestion
- Gestion de commerces
- Techniques de bureautique
- Techniques de l’informatique
- Techniques de design d’intérieur
Cégep Garneau : A World of Action!
Exploit Your Talents and Interests
Students can join a dance troupe, take music lessons, take on the role of a character in a play, or be part of the production staff! There’s no lack of things to do. The choice is yours!
The College offers many recreational sporting activities and can boast of having 21 elite teams :
Succeed in Your Studies
The College offers activities allowing students to further their knowledge and understanding of the academic program :
- Peer teaching;
- Mentoring activities;
- Aid centres for French, Mathematics, Economics, and Languages;
- Laboratories devoted to Philosophy, Geography, etc.
Students can stay in a modern, 158-room residence with a variable rate schedule. This apartment-style complex offers spacious accommodation with three or four large rooms surrounding a kitchen area. www.lebaillairge.ca
Are you from outside the city?
The College offers you several free services.
- help in finding suitable housing, including a directory of available rooms, apartments and residences;
- a helpful guide for foreign students, Guide pratique pour les étudiantes et étudiants internationaux;
- workshops to help you plan your budget;
- information about transportation services, recreational activities and where to do them, and where to go in Quebec City;
- financial, food and clothing services;
- integration activities such a meeting-place for sharing and exchanging information at the start of the new school year, guided tours of the College and the city, and various activities to make your stay a pleasant one.
Garneau – In the Heart of Quebec City
Provincial capital, the cradle of French civilization in North America, a world-heritage site, a bustling port… Quebec City is all of these and much more. A truly unique place. Located on the shores of the majestic St. Lawrence River and bordered by the Laurentians, surrounded by lakes, rivers and forests, the Quebec City region offers a wide range of sporting and outdoor activities, anything from hiking in the mountains to dog-sledding. Whatever the season, the outdoor enthusiast can take advantage of the magnificent natural surroundings. The city is a favourite of theatre-goers, music lovers and art buffs as a centre for artistic creation, production and distribution.